August 18, 2010

Vibram FiveFingers



Here are my KSOs....it's the best "Light Trekking, Climbing/Bouldering, Running, Fitness, After Sport, Water Sports, Yoga/Pilates & Travel" shoe you will ever find! These are pretty much, in my opinion, the next best thing to do anything barefoot. They are also machine washable, durable and very lightweight.  If you're interested, visit here for more information on the different styles and colors of VFF.

After hearing many good things about Vibram FiveFingers and reading about the benefits of these shoes, I decided to try them for myself.  I prefer going anywhere I can barefoot and if I do have to wear shoes, I find myself counting the seconds until I can get them off.  :)  Sliding these babies on were a bit difficult at first.  You have to line up your toes and very much like putting gloves on your hands, you have to get used to gliding each toe into the proper place.  Now, I can get them on easy peasy and away I go.

My first go with these on was a huge success.  I ran faster, easier, and on the balls of the feet, rather than striking the ground with my heel first.  I felt more connected with the ground, I could "feel" my form more, and I found that I wasn't concentrating so much on the mechanics of my run.  I was...just...running.  My balance was a lot better...I seemed to move easier.  Using these shoes for my runs made my legs wonderfully sore the first few times wearing them.  I was, after all, using entirely different muscles because my feet were landing differently.  These shoes force your body to change its posture while running.  The muscles in your feet and lower legs are stimulated they way they were intended to be.  Let's face it...the only reason why running shoes were invented (Thanks, Nike!) was to create a cushion and protect the feet from the terrain...which, yes, makes perfect sense.  But, now with VFF's, you can have that protection AND the feel of near barefootedness.  ;)

Many have found that their foot problems, after wearing VFF's, have disappeared because the muscles in both their feet and legs have strengthened to the point where everything is working in unison, in perfect harmony with each other.  Most running shoes out there today provide so much cushion and junk that a person's feet and legs just don't know how to land/move properly, in my opinion.  If you do experience foot issues, speak with your podiatrist or other expert to figure out the best way to handle things.  VFF's aren't for everyone, but I do think everyone should at least try them.  :)

If you visit the Vibram FiveFingers website, you can use their store locater tool to locate the nearest outfitter/sports store that carries these wonderful inventions.  Oh, and beware of counterfeit Vibrams out there.  You can see after reading this article, that there is money to be made by creating Vibram FiveFingers knockoffs.  Purchase online from the website or from a reputable seller!  Here is a great article straight from the VFF website about how to spot a fake.  Good luck...you won't be sorry with your decision.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol! Before you think I am crazy for laughing take a look at my blog. Funny stumbling around and coming in to this! Anyway, you are more than welcome to come over and join the fun. And thanks for posting this, will look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea you have for a blog! I love it! I'm a follower now, for sure. I emailed you a picture of my VFFs, if you wanted to use it. Let me know what you think of the VFFs...

    Thank you so much for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete